Sunday 13 September 2015

Nails

  Like a lot of people out there I like to look after my nails. They are the only thing now a days that I can do what ever I like with, long, short any colour, because of work now. But like anything on the body they are one of the things to suffer when you get sick, no matter what you have, if your ill long enough they start to show it.
  I like to have my nails long, not to much so, but I prefer them that way. I keep the nail varnish nice, make sure it's not chipping. Buff, trim and moisturise and do a general care every time I repaint them. But it was really hard to keep them nice and try to grow them long when I was ill. Having been so ill for so long made them brittle and hard to look after. They started to warp too. You could really tell on my thumb nails, going slightly wavy and getting worse the longer I stayed ill.
  They snapped so easily and in such jagged ways too, nothing seemed to help. I used strengtheners and special gels but it was all useless.
  But when I got better my nails stopped breaking so much, they still do now and then, but when you work in retail they have a habit of doing that and now that I'm out of retail stabbing hard surfaces with your finger doesn't help matters either (I have a bad habit of doing that for some reason). But they don't break spontaneously. They look healthy, I didn't realise that nails could look sick and that mine did, until they weren't anymore.
  You have to keep them healthy just like anything else on your body. I might take better care of mine then most people, or go a little over board in caring for them now, but I don't want to end up with them being like they where. I don't ware false nails because even though gel is better then acrylic they still damage the nail bed. I might ware nail varnish a lot, but I do all I can to protect them as much as possible from the varnish.
  It's hard looking after something you never thought could be a problem to start with. All these small things that go wrong that you never think would be linked all add up in the end.
  I think we take the small things for granted in everything, but it's the small things that count in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment