Sunday 2 August 2015

Talking about medication

 Most diabetics will have at least one time in their lives been or will be on Metformin.

 When I was younger and the crap started to happen I became insulin resistant, the doctors put me on metformin. Metformin has loads of things it can help with, they big thing is helping to regulate blood sugars and insulin absorption, but can help in the protection of various organs among other things. But like any drug it has side effects. One of them being nausea. When the doctors first put me on it, and not a very high dose either, it made me feel very ill, stomach hurt all the time, even turning me off food. So I was taken off that pretty quickly.
 But when I got older and started to take care of myself they tried again. I was wary at first because of the first time and again I did feel ill, but I fought through it and have even upped the dose this time to try and help. I'll tell you this, it helps a hell of a lot and when I forget to take the morning tablets it reflects in the days sugars.
 Although it can be a pain to get used to, it certainly has helped be a great lot. I was reading up on it earlier, just so I had my facts straight (it's been years now so I wasn't sure if I had everything right) and the very first description said that it was only for type 2 diabetics, which made me laugh.
 So if your doc want's to put you on metformin certainly give it a good go, it can have such a drastic effect on everything and help so much. But only if it's right for you, just because it helps me and lots of other people, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. It's a big deal in the diabetic world so I thought I'd put my two cents in.

Sorry it's such a short post this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment