Sunday 28 June 2015

Eyes 2

Hey so I know I talked about the whole eye thing last week but there where a few things that I didn't touch on last time.

As you know I have sight problems but there are two other things that have gone wrong with my eyes that relate to the health thing,

The first is Uveitis which is inflammation of any part of the eye, mine was in the iris. It gets very light sensitive, (it felt like the light was burning my eyes out of my head to be honest) it can also lead to blindness. It's something that happens spontaneously and there isn't a cure, just eye drops that are suppose to help. I had to wear sunglasses, but that didn't really help that much, it feels like one huge migraine. It can last a day or two and then not happen again for ages. Very hit and miss. A very painful hit and miss. I have no idea why it happened but it did pop up when my bloods where out of control, with my eyes already going down the 'lets not work properly' route I can only guess that it was helped along by that. I've been lucky to not have had an episode in a while, knock on wood.

The second is Horner's Syndrome which is a constriction of the pupil and Ptosis (which is dropping of the upper eyelid) while it effects the eye/s it's caused by a disorder of the sympathetic nerves in the brain-stem or neck. It's not so bad anymore, you can notice it a whole lot more when I'm very tired, ill or my bloods are going high again. It looks like I have crazy pupils though, one is huge and the other normal. It can be a right pain when you're trying to even out your eyeliner lol. Again not to sure where this popped up from, it have this weird nerve thing in my elbows, when I've got them bent for a little while my hands go numb, I've had the MRI's and CAT scans for that, but it's been around as long as my bloods where crazy, but this has stayed with me, better but still there.

I know it's been a rather short one this time, but I felt that these should be mentioned too because they are a side effect of everything that has happened and while somethings can go away with time, others to stick with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment